Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Eastwood Tripping

March 14, 2007

Jhann and I dined out last Sunday, March 04, 2007 as my mother was kind enough to sponsor our date with 500 bucks. (She's feeling guilty because the elders are going to eat at Saisaki). I was craving for Sisig Hooray at Katipunan or Tomato Kick at Teachers' Village but they were both closed so we ended up going to Eastwood.

We ate at that Italian fastfood Fazoli's. Jhann enjoyed his Italian chicken and Spaghetti with meat sauce while I ordered pizza and pesto spaghetti combo. Pasta is a little dry and the pizza is so so.Both are good enough for 100 bucks each if you're really craving for Italian. But the Italian fast service restaurant for me is still Sbarro.


What happened after dinner is where the fun starts. We walked around and found life size displays of, well, different people and... aliens. It was supposedly an exhibit of alien models but they decided to add displays of Hulk Hogan, Marlon Brando, Bruce Lee among others. A little weird mix of display but only means one thing for Jhann: creative shots.
Turista shot. Meet my tourist guide...

Asteeg.

No to violence against women!

Stop Police Brutality!

Maawa po kayo sa akin.

Side note: John Prats and his family were at the same exhibit and taking pictures. Pero wala pa rin kakabog sa kakulitan namin ni Jhann.

After that fun photo shoot, we went to the bookstore where good books are sold for a steep price. I want, I want, I want!

For our dessert for that night, we went to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, our favorite coffee shop. We used to order the Ultimate at CBTL but for a change we ordered a large Ice blended Black Forest to share and I can say we liked the change. It's really really good sipping coffee slush with bits of maraschino cherries. We also ordered flourless chocolate cake but I must say I like their Rocky Road bars better.

Ahh... good coffee, comfy seats.
I could spend the rest of my days like this

It's nice to visit Eastwood again after how many years but it's not as fun as I remember it. It used to be a fun and energetic place but now, the crowd is more subdued. More families are going there during the weekends. I was part of the Eastwood generation. And we are older now. As Eastwood is getting old, I'm feeling more manang. :(

Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 Witness Statement. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top