Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm Gonna be a Filmmaker(?)

September 12, 2007

I came across an ad on the internet last week about a FREE tutorial of Final Cut Pro at the PowerMac Center in Greenbelt3. My first thought,of course was to tell Jhann about it since he's been bugging me to study FCP for the longest time. To say that he was excited is an understatement. He made absolutely sure that his schedule is free on that date. He even emailed the PowerMac Center to make sure we had seats for the training.

Come September 11, my goodness, he was so hyped up he wanted to leave the house at 2pm even though the training starts at 6. Travel time from our house to Ayala takes about an hour. I told him it was unreasonably early and that will cost us a pretty steep parking fee if ever. We left at around 330 and arrived at around 430... a good hour and a half to window shop in the same store we were going to take our training. Jhann is a Mac nut so he was in heaven. Mushy moment: the happy look on his face is just the most precious thing for me. Driving to Makati and to pay for a steep fee for a ridiculously small parking space (I drive an SUV) was well worth it.

Hanging out at the PowerMac center gave me new things to pine for. On the top of my list is the 24-inch iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo. Asa pa si Lord because it costs a whopping Php 167,990. Oh well. I more realistic gadget would be the firewire connection for guitars (Php2,000). It’s been a long time since I last wrote a song and Garage Band plus that wire would be a big help inspire me again.

6pm, there were only 5 of us in the training room (which can hold around 30 people) yet we promptly started. Miss George (who reminded me of my Comm1 teacher) gave a simple power point presentation as an introduction to Final Cut Pro. The introduction to the program was short to my satisfaction. The rest was the practical application of FCP. The program that game me a many sleepless nights (exagg!), she made so easy. I asked questions and her answers were spot on. No sales talk kind of answer. My mind was instantly filled with possibilities. I wanted to compile our videos and pictures into a film. I want to produce a vlog like my favorite vlogger HappySlip. Basta, I want to do a film production and I want to used Final Cut Pro, now na!

A peeve though, for Jhann and I, were the late comers. People, you signed for a FREE training. The least you can do is come on time so as not to interrupt the class. Bad trip talaga, late na nga, they don’t close the door behind them pa. It’s so distracting. And then they will ask a question that they should have known the answer for had they been on time. It can take the instructor and the whole class out of track. Please if you are late, please have the courtesy to ask your questions at the end of the class so as not to sidetrack the discussion. It’s just disrespectful.

Anyway, I’m blogging now and not toying around with FCP because Jhann has the laptop. I’ve been thinking of things to make with FCP. I think I’ll try vlogging so maybe some of you will be seeing my work here sometime soon. Now, if only I could make Jhann wear that wig...

Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 Witness Statement. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top